FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poor DVD Quailty

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Herrin
Poor DVD Quailty
on Aug 9, 2006 at 5:50:13 pm

I have a concert video about 1 hour long that I did in Premiere 2 and then encoded in Encore that the video looks very strob like. The picture quality is good, but when there is motion I am seeing a lot of stobbing. Is it better to export Mpeg 2 from Premiere or do I let Encore do it? Also what is the difference between AVI and DV.AVI?
Thanks for the help
Kevin

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
Re: Poor DVD Quailty
on Aug 9, 2006 at 6:17:04 pm

Let Encore handle it unless you know exactly how to encode an MPEG-2 file for DVD-Video.
AVI is just an acronym for Audio Video Interleave, and there are as many variations on this as grains of sand on a beach.
What I would recommend is exporting from Premiere Pro as a DV AVI - around 13Gb/hour - and letting Encore handle the MPEG-2 encoding in Automatic mode.

Your description of "Strobing" could well be - if it is what I think it is - a problem caused by a mismatched field order.
What was the source of your file? Was it captured from DV cam?
What settings did you use to export from Premiere?

Return to posts index

Kevin Herrin
on Aug 9, 2006 at 7:25:37 pm

I captured DV transfered from from Beta and DVCPro. My export was DV.AVI, I didn't change any of the settings. Do I need to set the field order on the source video, similar to AE? Any suggestions on the AVI settings.
Thanks
Kevin

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Aug 10, 2006 at 10:18:38 am

AVI settings.
You have 2 choices here.
DV AVI or uncompressed.
I would use DV AVI personally, and let Encore handle transcoding to MPEG-2 automatically.
Are you running Premiere Pro 1.5.1 or 2.0? (This is actually quite important)

Return to posts index

Kevin Herrin
on Aug 10, 2006 at 2:46:27 pm

I'm using 2.0, I did figure out what the problem was. For some reason the settings were set to 24p. I changed it back to 29.97 and all was right. Thanks for the assistance.
Kevin

Return to posts index

Abel Rey
on May 31, 2010 at 12:52:22 pm

kevin
i know its been a long time seens you post this messege but somehow i could read it. i am breaking my head with a problem that at last i found someone who had experience it too and i mean about the bad quality when moving the motion. i saw you solved the problem by adjusting the settings from 24p to 29.99p but i cant find where is it. can you help me please?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]