FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD's in both NTSC and PAL

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Bond
DVD's in both NTSC and PAL
on Aug 3, 2006 at 6:10:55 pm

Hi,
I've edited in Premier and exported two sets of MPEGs in NTSC and PAL. Is there a way of creating identical DVD's without having to put each one together separately from scratch? I have a slideshow with approx 40 pics in - do i have to write down the order with pen and paper so ica put it together the way same in each format? Seems a bit laborious - any help appreciated.
Tim

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: DVD's in both NTSC and PAL
on Aug 3, 2006 at 6:21:16 pm

You have to rebuild them from scratch as the aspect ratios and frame rates are different which in turn results in different transcode/ multiplexing settings taking effect. I know it stinks, but this doesn't work in many other programs either, even if they store their data as XML or scripts and in theory you only needed to change the resolution...

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Tim Bond
on Aug 3, 2006 at 6:46:47 pm

Hi,
thanks for confirming that. Would have thought it possible as menus, slideshow pics etc. are all .psds (or other non-video format) until you actually build the project. Would like to build a 'shell' then add my NTSC or PAL assets and define the project then.
Cheers,
Tim

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 4, 2006 at 10:08:49 pm

NTSC and PAL have different pixel aspect ratios, so there would be some distortion if you used one format menu in both formats.

However, if you made your menus in a square pixel aspect ratio (sized for PAL), you could use it in either format and only have to worry about cropping in NTSC. Maybe that helps?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]