FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rebuilding a Menu from original DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Skeeter
Rebuilding a Menu from original DVD
on Jul 31, 2006 at 4:47:32 pm

Hello,

I have an old project we did before I started with this company. The DVD is divided into 2 subjects with menus, videos, and chapters for each. There's also alternative language tracks that can be selected.

I have Encore DVD 2.0.

The project was originally created using either Encore 2.0 or the previous version.

Is it possible, using only the Master dvd, and software, to extract the menu from the DVD and re-arrange/delete some buttons, links, etc. Then re-author it?

Basically I need to take out one of the subjects, without re-building the DVD from scratch. (No the original encore file no longer exists)... Is this possible?

Thanks

Skeets

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Rebuilding a Menu from original DVD
on Aug 1, 2006 at 10:20:49 am

The short answer is: No. The long version: You will be able to extract sub-pictures and the video and audio using tools such as ReVOBrator and XMpeg. However, unless you are able to manually adjust the IFO files to edit out the parts you don't need and can leave navigation intact, you will still have to re-create the entire DVD, not just the menu. There's a good chance nothing will work anymore if you only rebuild the menu because sector allocation on the DVD changes (which in turn is relevant for the IFO files). It's not impossible to do, but frankly you may be quicker if you re-digitize and convert the original footage and rebuild the entire DVD from scratch.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]