FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating menu highlights

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jporter313
creating menu highlights
on Jul 21, 2006 at 11:03:02 pm

wow, this program is really difficult to work with. This is my first stab at DVD authoring and I'm trying to create DVD menus but I'm having trouble getting anything to work.

First problem:

I am trying to make a DVD menu that plays an intro "build" sort of animation and then has buttons overlayed over a subtle background animation.

I thought the way to do this would be to create the build animation and background animation seperately, then put the build animation in a timeline before the menu in the flowchart. This leads to a big black space between the menu build and actual menu, not favorable.

The other problem is I can't figure out how to integrate a layer of video into the menu. When I drag and drop it ontot the menu it automatically thinks I am trying to make a button and basically converts it to a preset button rather than just dropping it into the menu. The manual says to import it and "link the video to the menu so that it replaces the menu background" I can't figure out how to do this and there's no explanation anywhere else that I can find.

Problem 2:

I am creating my menu using photoshop. It has 2 buttons. For each button I create a layer set that has "(+)" in the name followed by the button name, then below that I create a layer which includes the normal state of the button (I am using graphics for text as plain text will not fit the style of the menu), then another layer with "(=1)" in the layer name to signify that it's the rollover state. This layer consists of an orange blob that i am planning to use as the highlight for the rollover.

When I bring these into encore DVD, everything looks like it's set up fine until I run a preview, at which point it acts rather erratically. sometimes the rollover doesn't come up at all. Sometimes the first button is constantly highlighted and the second one highlights leaving part of the first one.

ANy ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: creating menu highlights
on Jul 21, 2006 at 11:40:24 pm

Hi..

You need what I term a "video sandwich" this is a background with your buttons on top of this layer, click your menu to select it and then hold down the ALT key on the keyboard and then click/hold/drag/drop the video asset onto your menu and release.

As for the problems with your buttons it sounds like it could be down to "button overlap", please check out my website I have 47 tutorials on how to create/prepare menus etc,etc,etc for Encore(http://www.sitesled.com/members/doogs/ and also adobe-evangelists(http://www.adobeevangelists.com/encore/)this should help you in getting to grips with what is a good DVD authoring package

Return to posts index

charlie davies
on Dec 3, 2009 at 11:17:18 am

Im having the same problem with the black space between the animated intro movie (which is a movie set to first play) followed by the menu screen.

I can't alt drag the video onto the menu screen, this just seems to add a buttom to the menu saying 'Business plan'

Return to posts index

Hal Gatewood
on Sep 1, 2012 at 7:43:01 am

Problem #2: Make sure your opacity is at 100%.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]