FORUMS: list search recent posts

Confused - Field Order, maybe??

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tonyrain
Confused - Field Order, maybe??
on Jul 20, 2006 at 10:02:42 pm

Hello,

I've been trying for a week to burn a dvd. Well, I am able to burn the dvd but I am trying to get it to look right! Let me first say what the problem is and then I'll explain. My (first play)motion menu plays back very stuttery (is that a word?) my main movie plays back fine. I am assuming that its a field order issue?? I've tried several different test.

Okay, the footage is all mini DV. I have an hour and 45 min movie that I exported from avid xpress pro as a QT using the same as source selection, which uses the avid dv codec. And I'm assuming uses the lower field because its Mini DV. Then From within avid I mark an IN and an OUT on a certain section of my main movie to export so that I can use this section of the main movie as my motion menu. I use the same export settings, same as source, etc. So, basically my main movie and my motion menu movie are from the same source but exported as 2 seperate movie files for authoring purposes. Once in Encore, I create my menu, then select motion menu and link it to the movie file that i want to use as my motion menu. Everything works fine, links, test previews etc. When I transcode (I've tried several different settings) and then burn to dvd. When I play back the motion menu is stuttery and the main movie plays fine, even the setion that I used as the motion menu?? I'm wondering if making it a motion menu somehow changes things?? I then did a test by authoring a dvd with just the motion menu and trying different field orders, lower, upper, none, and auto. lower, upper, and none played back stuttery and the auto setting looked fine. But when I try auto when burning the entire project, the motion menu plays stuttery?? I am not sure what to do next. I am wasting hours and days and dvds. Is there any other setting that can be causing this stuttery motion in my motion menu? Also, just to let you know the section that I use as my motion menu has a bunch of images moving across the screen. So to sum this all up, main movie looks fine, motion menu using a section from the main movie plays back very stuttery. Hopefully this makes sense and someone can offer some advice.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

tonyrain
Re: Confused - Field Order, maybe??
on Jul 21, 2006 at 7:52:58 pm

after a few more test I realize that the issue is when i make my movie a motion menu. when i put the same movie in a timeline it transcodes fine, no problems. but, i still would like to make this movie my motion menu. anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 22, 2006 at 3:04:22 pm

Which version of Encore are you using?

Return to posts index

tonyrain
on Aug 1, 2006 at 12:59:09 am

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>