FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing Codecs?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Outdoorsie1
Missing Codecs?
on Jul 12, 2006 at 4:40:57 pm

I'm working with Adobe Encore 2.0 and I'm trying to import a dvpro video exported from Avid either as an asset or timeline and I'm reciving an error message that says 'Could not import file. Quick Time and/or the appropriate codec do not appear to be installed'. I was curious if anyone might be able to explain this to me. I'm very confused because it was working ok a few days ago and I changed somethings on my computer and now its not working. I have installed the latest version of quick time too and that did not seem to make a difference, and I've also uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and that doesn't appear to help either. If anyone knows what this might be please let me know! :) Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Missing Codecs?
on Jul 13, 2006 at 6:13:33 am

Oh oh... Latest version of QT? Get rid of it! Avid CoDecs somehow don't work properly with QT 7, install 6.5 instead.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Outdoorsie1
on Jul 13, 2006 at 4:00:02 pm

I changed the version of QT that I was using and it didn't help any. I'm still recieving the same error message. Thanks for replying though, any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 13, 2006 at 6:28:58 pm

What's the frames size/rate of the file you're trying to import? And which codec?

Return to posts index

Outdoorsie1
on Jul 13, 2006 at 7:51:42 pm

I'm exporting it from Avid in DVCPRO format. No frame size stated, rate is 48.000 kHz. I'm not sure which codec its missing because I'm not sure what to look for to figure that out. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 14, 2006 at 12:09:57 am

Download G-spot (a freeware AVI analyzer), then drop the offending AVI on it. It will display the frame size/rate, and the codec used. Was the clip created on the same system that you are authoring Encore on? If so, you needn't worry about not having the codec. If not, you need to install the DVCPro codec used on your Avid system onto your Encore system.

Return to posts index

Outdoorsie1
on Jul 14, 2006 at 2:15:56 am

Ok...so let me try to explain exactly what happened. I'm using the same system for both authoring and editing. I had the trial version of 2.0 and when I got the actual version I had to start from scratch. I deleted several old projects that I didn't need anymore and since then I've been getting the error previously mentioned. I'm trying to import dvcpro video because the quality is where I need it. Let me know if that helps make anything more clear. Thanks for you help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]