FORUMS: list search recent posts

Academic DVD Project

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DVD Newbie
Academic DVD Project
on Jul 10, 2006 at 5:46:25 pm

I'm working on an academic project, whose goal is to create a DVD that will be marginally interactive.

The idea is that when the DVD plays, a basic menu will appear with 3-4 options which will bring the user to a static raster (a map including topographic and structural data). The user will then be given options to either zoom in to a fixed scale, zoom out to a fixed scale and/or mouseover/click on alpha-numeric references included in the map that will bring up precreated textual descriptions on top of or at the side of the referencing map.

Any wisdom about whether Encore or another product would be best would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Academic DVD Project
on Jul 10, 2006 at 5:57:52 pm

Have you had a look at e-dvd (http://www.sonic.com/products/Professional/eDVD/new.aspx) used in conjuction with Encore you may be able to create what you are after... I haven't used this software so I can't realy say that this is what you are looking for

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 10, 2006 at 8:45:41 pm

The Flash player-style interactivity that you're looking for isn't available in the DVD-Video format, but you could fake it with multiple linked menus in Encore using After Effects or Premiere Pro to create the animations. Keep in mind that the DVD-Video format also limits you to 1 GB total on a DVD for menus, so there are limitations.

Return to posts index

odetoacow
on Jul 14, 2006 at 4:48:44 pm

If this is to be played back on Windows PCs only, you can use Intellidisc. You would be able to use you Flash interface and embed DVD-Video inside a browser interface. Unlike eDVD, your viewers won't be forced to install any player software, it just works on a standard XP machine with a DVD decoder installed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]