FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gradient PS Buttons into AE Comp...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Gould
Gradient PS Buttons into AE Comp...
on Jul 6, 2006 at 3:30:38 pm

Hi, Using Encore 2 and wanted to import an Encore menu into AE to make a motion menu. I use the "make AE comp" in Encore, the comp is in AE, but the gradients on the buttons are gone. Is there a way to use Photoshop Gradients and have After Effects maintain their appearance? The bevel, shadows are fine, but AE has an issue with the gradients. Any input would be really appreciated as this is the finishing touch on my project. Thanks.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Gradient PS Buttons into AE Comp...
on Jul 6, 2006 at 6:12:53 pm

Are you using gradient adjustment layers in your menu file? If so, have you tried rasterizing them into your menu?

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Jul 6, 2006 at 8:08:20 pm

Thanks Joe. I'm using layer styles gradients, not adjustment layer. I tried rasterizing as well...still imported into AE as a solid. This prevents me from doing cool movements with the buttons. In the past I've created the gradients in AE, but it's time consuming and not exact to the original. Thoughts?

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Jul 6, 2006 at 9:31:23 pm

I found the answer...use Create Layers in Photoshop. So I just made a duplicate of my main menu so I can still make changes to the original if I have to. You would think Rasterize would have the same effect. Thanks Joe

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 6, 2006 at 9:45:38 pm

Glad to help! It's odd that rasterizing didn't achieve the desired effect...thanks for sharing your fix. Hopefully, a future version of AE will fully support Photoshop layer styles.

Cheers,
Joe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]