FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu like options plus scroll through video?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Wharton
Menu like options plus scroll through video?
on Jul 4, 2006 at 4:52:36 pm

Hi there.

Putting together a showreel in which one of the DVD options is a radio interview. I'd like to be able to run the interview (which does have associated video) as if it were a menu so that there's a "return" button on the screen as it runs.

Now of course you can create a menu and set it to the duration of the interview but then (I assume) you lose the ability to fast forward/rewind through the piece (like a normal video clip).

So wondering if there's any way around this in Encore? Am I missing something very obvious? Only using version 1.5 at the moment.

Thanks for any pointers.

Ben

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Menu like options plus scroll through video?
on Jul 5, 2006 at 1:43:03 pm

What you are looking for is a "button-over-timeline" type of functionality. Encore doesn't offer that- sorry.

What you could do is include a written instruction in the timeline to "To Return, Press the Menu Button on Your DVD Player Remote Control". This could either be done in pre-production (superimposed over your graphic in an NLE) or as a forced subtitle in the Encore timeline.

Return to posts index

Ben Wharton
on Jul 5, 2006 at 2:05:51 pm

Hi Joe

Thanks for the reply.

And yes, I thought as much. Any idea if it's a feature in DVD Studo Pro 4?!

Meanwhile, I thought the same not-so-elegant Plan B and have rendered instructions into the video...

Ben

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 5, 2006 at 3:06:20 pm

Any idea if it's a feature in DVD Studo Pro 4?!

Might be a good question to pose at the Cow DVDSP subforum... :)

Cheers,
Joe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]