FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Back" button remote problem (please help!!!)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nomar25
"Back" button remote problem (please help!!!)
on Jun 30, 2006 at 10:27:20 pm

I have a problem with going back on my Play All button. I tried everything and looked through the help files but with no avail. My DVD is already packed with assets and different menus and sub-menus and only have about 400 MB left on the DVD.

So I have many many timelines that I play all with the Play All button that links to the first, which ends and links to the seconds, and ends and link to the third, and so on. When I play the DVD in the player, it advances to the next link accordingly, but however, if I hit the previous skip button or back button, it goes to the wrong timeline or asset. It goes to one that is not even close to the order that I had which I designated. It's like it randomly picked which one to go to.

I undertand that I can easily just make one timeline with all the assets on there with chapter markers and use the back button, but some of the assets (or small movies) are different aspect ratios and therefore, Encore doesn't allow you to drag it on the same timeline. Besides, I don't have extra space on the disc for that anyway.

So my question is, is there any way or program that can have this kind of "end action" control when you hit the "back/previous" button, that can go to the previous link that was just showed?

I know that I can easily just hit the Main Menu button and navigate myself to the desired button, but can I do that through the Play All button/playlist and go backwards in order?

Please help.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: "Back" button remote problem (please help!!!)
on Jul 2, 2006 at 1:48:02 am

What version of Encore?

In 1.0, the order of timelines on the finished disc is determined by the inverse order of creation in the Encore project.

In 1.5, the order of timelines on the finished disc is determined by the actual order of creation in the Encore project.

In 2.0, the behavior is similar to 1.5, with the exception that you can specify the first timeline on the finished disc by setting the Main Timeline control on the Disc Properties panel.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Nomar25
on Jul 3, 2006 at 4:40:52 pm

I have version 2.0. So the solution is to make the DVD with all my assets in the order that I want the timelines to come in. Wow. Sounds pretty tedious, but I guess I have no choice. Any other suggestions would be helpful, but I will give this a try and I'll let you know if it works. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Andriya Talanczuk
on Jan 26, 2009 at 7:02:13 am

Hello, I am having a very similar problem.

I am also using Encore 2.0.
I am pretty much done the instructional dvd I have been working on. It has menus and submenus and multiple timelines. What happens is when I play the first chapter of any timeline and click 'back'on the remote it plays the first chapter of the previous timeline which is in no way associated with the one which was playing. For me this ONLY happens when I am on the FIRST CHAPTER of each timeline. I wish there was a quick fix because I just burned the master dvd which is being sent off to the manufacturer tomorrow!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]