FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem with buttons high-lighting

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craigd
problem with buttons high-lighting
on Jun 29, 2006 at 7:43:53 pm

if someone could give any reason why buttons would not highlight when the curson is moved to them i would appreciate it. for whatever reason this project is either on or off. one time the buttons work, the next burn they dont. what would cause the buttons to never change color, while still functioning as links to the videos.

really confused and close to frustrated.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: problem with buttons high-lighting
on Jun 29, 2006 at 7:47:32 pm

Can you post the menu file you are working with online someplace?

Return to posts index

craigd
on Jun 29, 2006 at 7:52:45 pm

no, but i can tell you what i did.

basically, i made a photoshop document. a picture, a black box over the bottom, then text inside that box. simple right? i have 6 layers of text

1. 2002
2. Main VIdeo
3. Slideshow

these are one under the other, on the right side

on the left side we have

4. 2003
5. Main Video
6. Slideshow

i imported the PS doc into encore as a menu. changed the main video and slideshow "objects" to "buttons" and linked my video files to them.

the DVD was more complicated before, but i tried to make it impossible for it not to work. im either overlooking something very simple, or something very strange is going on.

thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 29, 2006 at 8:10:30 pm

What color set are you using in Encore? If it's Automatic and you haven't created the subpicture layers (with consistent hightlight colors) in Photoshop, then it's likely the highlight colors are the same as the text colors. Try changing the color set in Encore and see if that solves your problem. Menu Default is a good one, as long as your text isn't the same shade of orange.

Return to posts index

craigd
on Jun 30, 2006 at 5:36:57 pm

thanks Joe,

ive tried a million things, but as was suggested in a previous post, i just started over. im sure that the color set was not an issue, i did change it. i even tried using the pre-made buttons, but they still didnt work. im having a feeling it has to do with the fact that the text was a PS document by itself with alpha channels. then again, im not really sure. i just made still menus, no moving video, and everything worked out well enough. im thinking its time to upgrade to 2.0 though. this encore is a nice software, but perhaps a little to young to endure complicated tasks. the way i had things originally laid out seemed easy enough, but you cant really assume anything. thanks for the help, heres a little something for the weekend:

Q: What do you do to an elephant with three balls?

A: Walk him and pitch to the rhinoceros!

Have a great holiday weekend!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]