FORUMS: list search recent posts

A Noob Question about Encore DVD 2.0

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Jackson
A Noob Question about Encore DVD 2.0
on Jun 29, 2006 at 5:33:56 pm

I'm extremely new to DVD authoring and I'm learning Adobe Encore DVD 2.0 on my own using the "Classroom in a book"

My main question is this... Can Encore 2.0 create HD menu's? I'm also very new to HD too. Our production department is coming out of shooting DV 720x480 and we are filming now in HD 16x9 format. We got Adobe Encore DVD 2.0 for me to create the graphics and author DVD's. However as I'm going through the "Classroom in a Book" in Chapter 2, ti says that "Video clips used in NTSC projects must be one of three sizes: 720x480, 720x486, or 704x480." None of these are HD size footage, which leads me to think that Encore cannot import let's say, HD size footage from After Effects. Is this correct?

Any advise would be great, thanks!!

~DJ

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: A Noob Question about Encore DVD 2.0
on Jun 29, 2006 at 7:50:10 pm

That is correct- and also, the DVD-Video specification does not support HD-sized video frames- it must be 720x480 for NTSC.

Export your HD footage from AE as 16:9 720x480 MPEG-2 for DVD, and use 16:9 menus in Encore.

Return to posts index

Dale Jackson
on Jun 29, 2006 at 8:42:33 pm

Thank you, that makes sense.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 29, 2006 at 9:01:46 pm

You're welcome.

Also note that if you have the Suite, you can use Dynamic Link to import an AE comp with your HD footage, and then Encore can automatically transcode this to DVD-legal video at the build stage. But in this case you would be working with AE comps in Encore, not exported video clips.

Return to posts index

Dale Jackson
on Jun 29, 2006 at 9:12:27 pm

Ahh I see. Yeah I have the Suite. Thanks for that tip. I'm eager to try it out now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]