1. The Data directory on build is not refreshed, ie, if you change the contents of the data directory (to store documents and whatnot that you want on the DVD) those new files are not used - the contents seem to be cached somewhere from the first build you make. To workaround, I have to physically move the dir into another one, and re-link that in the Encore Disk dialog box.
2. The Disk dialog also has another bug, if you try and use that to gauge how much space you have left, and you have gone over, and then replaced the assets with smaller files, this display is not updated. It does not get updated unless assets are deleted, and then reinserted in the project. At least for video timelines.
3. If you use the Project window to arrange your assets into something well organized using "folders", and then want to do a sort on size for example, the sort is done within the folders. There is no way to do a true sort. What happened, didn't they give the programmers a raise last year?
4. Slideshows are rebuilt every time you rebuild, even if no slideshow was changed. And it's dog slow for say 198 photos in two shows. This seems like a total waste of (my) time.
5. Wuz up with that insane project file structure? There should be a user's guide that explains all the directories and subs. I can't figure out what to keep when archiving a project and what I can throw away. Encore needs some project management features like PPRO to make it sustainable.
With that said, I LOVE Encore and use every week to build corporate DVDs. There is nothing else out there that I know of that actually works, is integrated with Photoshop, and has a halfway understandable interface. So I hope if the above are indeed bugs that someone from Adobe reads this and takes note for the next time around.
jigs in nepal