FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to advance through chapter markers

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vickimoroughan
Unable to advance through chapter markers
on Jun 21, 2006 at 1:06:07 am

I have a project set up in Encore 2.0. When I play it in the project monitor everything functions properly. But, when I burn the DVD and play it in a set top player, or with DVD software on my computer, I am unable to move from one chapter to the next. The red circle with the slash through it appears. I tried adding end actions for each marker to go to the next chapter. Once I go beyond the second chapter marker, or any subsequent marker I return to the first chapter when I press the previous chapter button on the remote. Chapter markers are set at 5 minute and 2 frame intervals on the timelines. I appreciate any input one may have on moving from one chapter to the next. Thanks,

Vicki Moroughan

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Unable to advance through chapter markers
on Jun 21, 2006 at 5:39:35 am

You don't need chapter end actions to do this- clear them all. Does that solve your problem?

Return to posts index

vickimoroughan
on Jun 21, 2006 at 12:04:18 pm

I originally tried the DVD without end actions for the chapter markers. Adobe Technical support suggested I put them in, but it made no difference. I also reverted the timelines back to avi and re-transcoded to see if that would work but it did not. Vicki

Vicki Moroughan

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 21, 2006 at 12:17:27 pm

Do you have any overrides set? Any at all for any project object? If so, you don't need them. Change all overrides to "not set".

Also check your timelines to see if you have purposely or inadvertantly disabled any user operations, including the previous/next buttons.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

vickimoroughan
on Jun 21, 2006 at 3:13:09 pm

All of the overides were at "not set" and the user operations were set to allow "all".
I may have figured out the problem with the help of your book Adobe Encore DVD 2.0. So, thanks for putting out such a helpful book.

I had been saving the project to a DVD folder as I have done in the past with Encore 1.5 to be able to enhance the project with eDVD 4. But, apparently there is an issue using this method which I know can have playback problems by burning the folder straight to a disc.

So, when I burned the project directly to a disc the chapter markers work as they are suppose to. Thanks again for you help.

Vicki Moroughan

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 22, 2006 at 9:31:00 am

Hi Vicki,

Good work getting that sorted. And thank you for the kind words about the book.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]