FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error Message...with deadline

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Gould
Error Message...with deadline
on Jun 19, 2006 at 2:19:21 pm

Hi, Using Encore 2.0. Very simple project: 3 timelines, 20 or so still menus, no motion menus. I get this message when trying to burn: 0X000000020 Process cannot access the file, it is being used by another program or process. Then I get "building transitions failed". This DVD has to go fedex today...of course. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Error Message...with deadline
on Jun 19, 2006 at 3:41:07 pm

Most likely this is a menu issue.

Try saving all your menus to the Library, then deleting the menus, reimporting them from the Library, relinking them, and then build again. This workaround worked for many on Adobe's user-to-user forum.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Jun 19, 2006 at 3:52:27 pm

Thanks Joe, I'll give it a shot. It's definitely a project issue, not a system issue. I'll let you know.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Jun 19, 2006 at 10:52:24 pm

Thanks Joe, that worked. Time consuming...but it saved the day. Appreciate it.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

PanzerKloot
on Jul 5, 2006 at 4:43:56 am

ooooooooooh !

Thank CowGod ! I've been struggling with this for hours now, cleaning the registry and updating Symantec-drivers (the error-code : 00000020 is the same as a known Symantec issue)

Thanks a lot

Bj

Return to posts index

gliljeberg
Re: Error Message...with deadline (HERE IS A REAL QUICK FIX!!!)
on Oct 31, 2006 at 8:28:59 pm

I found a way to fix this issue without exporting all of your menus.

The problem happens when you have a motion background and then decide to remove that background video. Now here is where the problem starts.

1. You can remove the background video as long as you have not rendered the menu. If you have rendered the menu that is where you will see the "Building Transitions Failed" & "0x00000020" errors when you try to burn a disc or create an image. For some reason Adobe Encore is still refrencing those files in some parts of their code. (One hand does not know what the other hand is doing).

2. THE FIX - Adobe creates two files when you render a motion menu in the sourcesmenus folder inside of your DVD Project. These files are a .MPG & .XMPSES file that relate to the motion menu. (CAUTION: Encore also places ALL of your PSD menu files in this folder as well so be careful in what you delete.) The way I confirmed the correct file was to play the .MPG file to confirm it is the motion menu I removed and then delete the .MPG & .XMPSES files from that folder.

3. BURN OR CREATE: Once you do step two you are ready to go!!!

NOTES: I have confirmed this on two systems and was able to recreate the issue every single time and correct the issue every single time using the steps above. If you want create a test project add a video motion background, render the menu, revert the motion menu back to "nothing" and try to burn or create an image file and you will get the error. Remove those two files and then you can burn your DVD or create an image.

Any questions please feel free to e-mail me or respond to this thread

Return to posts index

gliljeberg
Re: Error Message...with deadline (HERE IS A REAL QUICK FIX!!!)
on Nov 2, 2006 at 3:40:16 am

I wanted to add one more comment. This issue will also happen if you create a DVD Image and then try to burn a DVD disk from the project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]