FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio in video thumbnails

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
knubile
Audio in video thumbnails
on Jun 15, 2006 at 9:48:14 pm

So I have my menu setup.
Six buttons, each shows a little video preview when you select it.
For each button, I have a menu.
Menu1 show the preview video for button 1, menu2 button2 etc.
All is perfect. Except one thing. There's no audio for the little preview clip.
I set the poster frame for the timeline and set the menu motion settings to play 15 seconds with no looping.
Somebody please tell me there's a way to get the audio for it too.

P.S. I'm completely new to Encore. Am I going about this the right way in the first place?
Using 2.0.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Audio in video thumbnails
on Jun 16, 2006 at 1:47:07 pm

This can be accomplished but not using the regular encore setting/DVD settings. The video thumbnail is only going to access the video, not the audio.

To do what you want to accomplish you are going to need to create 6 menus and use the auto-activate fuction with the buttons. For each menu you will have to create an .avi of the audio up to the loop point matching the thumbnail video.

If you do a search, someone recently posted a link showing how to create menus like this, but it was done with pictures for highlights, but the concept is the same.

Another way would be to create full background movies with the thumbnail/audio and use the auto-activate fuction. If I were going to do what you propose I would probably go this direction, as to make sure my audio/video matched up perfectly.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
http://www.ckandco.net

Return to posts index

knubile
on Jun 16, 2006 at 2:45:56 pm

Thanks for the info.

I figured it out yesterday. I went about it the first way you mentioned.
I created a wav file for each video thumbnail that starts at the same point as the poster frame and set that as the background audio for the menu.
I did this 6 times. One for each item.

I have a static image for the 5 menu items not being previewed. I simply renamed the layer to something other than (%)video.

This is pretty good now, but of course I want to get a little braver and more complicated. :)

Is it possible to have a button link to one timeline, but preview a different one?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jun 16, 2006 at 6:16:16 pm

Off the top of my head, you can't do that. You could do as I suggested earlier, create backgrounds for you menu in AE/premier whatever, that would approximate this though. Again you would have to create 6 or 7 menus depending on how exactly you set up the project.

Often whenever I'm doing something with thumbnails this is the way I go, as I like to edit my video that will appear in the thumbnails. Only creates 10 times as much work...

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
http://www.ckandco.net

Return to posts index

knubile
on Jun 16, 2006 at 6:47:19 pm

Makes sense. Thanks for the info. You've been a great help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]