colour problem in stills after encoding

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peterock
colour problem in stills after encoding
on Jun 8, 2006 at 2:17:59 pm

hi there,

this is my problem:

i got an animacion , made in ae, and the last frame is the menu.
Everythings fine beside that the transition between animation and menu needs a little moment(does it help to set down data rate of the animation?)

The thing that makes me nervous is that the still, once encoded and on dvd,changes the colour a bit. You can reognize that its a bit more red....
Must been happening during the encoding.

Any suggestions?
thx
peter

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: colour problem in stills after encoding
on Jun 9, 2006 at 5:20:11 am

Make sure you have the same level adjustments on both your clip and your still. Some CoDecs will shift colors, so you should look into that as well.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

peterock
on Jun 9, 2006 at 11:58:06 am

with level adjustment you talk about the ecoding settings?
once i encoded the menus and clips, is there possibilitie to check if they got the same way encoded?
you know haow to minimize the reaction time between timeline and menu? i speak of the case that an animation is leading to a menu.

thx alot
peter

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Jun 9, 2006 at 6:29:59 pm

[peterock] "with level adjustment you talk about the ecoding settings?"

No, before you even begin to put your DVD together. "Broadcast safe colors". Aharaon Rabinowitz did a nice video tutorial about this a while ago on the AE forum.

[peterock] "once i encoded the menus and clips, is there possibilitie to check if they got the same way encoded?"

There are tools that check the internal workings of an MPEG II stream, but they usually don't detect any color abnormalities (as the tools have no way of knowing how you intended them to look). Since those tools are eitehr expensive (professional stream analyzer hardware/ software) or tricky to use (shareware/ freeware tools) or both, there may be no point in getting them if you are only doing a DVD every now and so often... The time and money to learn them may not be justifyable.

[peterock] "you know haow to minimize the reaction time between timeline and menu?"

You can't influence that directly, your layout software (in your case Encore) must be smart enough to allocate sectors in such a way, that connected PGCs are as close together as possible and do not cause playback delays by forcing a repositioning of the laser in your player. Beyond that, it's only a matter of how fast the mechanics in your DVD player react.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

peterock
on Jun 11, 2006 at 11:20:32 am

Mylenium,

thanks for this detailed answer.
seems for the moment got to live with these things...
What is PGC?

greetz
peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]