FORUMS: list search recent posts

where is the blank menu in encore library?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frapal
where is the blank menu in encore library?
on May 23, 2006 at 4:29:01 am

Hi
For some reason my default menu in encore/library is not blank anymore, and i cant find a way to change my default menu to a blank menu (black screen). Thasts how its set up at first but once you use another menu (set as default menu) there seems to be no way back.
Please help as i havent found anything on the subject for the last 3 hours.
I know there is a way around it, adding a black jpg over another background, but thats dirty. I am so frustrated, all help and comments welcome.
Frank

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: where is the blank menu in encore library?
on May 23, 2006 at 8:29:16 am

Hi Frank,

Find the blank menu in the General library set. Right-click it and choose the option to set it as the default menu.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

frapal
on May 24, 2006 at 3:13:36 am

hi jeff
thanks but i had looked there and there is no blank menu in the general, only the radiant menu series.
where has it gone? i tought it was impossible to delete these preset menus.
thanks again
frank

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 24, 2006 at 2:04:40 pm

What version of Encore are you using?

Return to posts index

frapal
on May 26, 2006 at 1:17:35 am

hi
thanks for the link but i cant find the answer in the manuals.
i would like to attach a screenshot that i took of my encore workspace, that shows that *even when i start a new project, my general library only shows radiant menu and not any blank menu*.
but i dont think attachments are possible in this forum. oh well, maybe someone can enlighten me. i wouldnt like to think i have to reisntall the thing to see my dear blank menu again!
thanks
frank

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 26, 2006 at 5:53:56 pm

Hi Frank,

If you didn't move the Library, then it is located under Program FilesAdobeAdobe Encore DVD 2.0LibraryGeneral. It will be listed as NTSC_Blank Menu or PAL_Blank Menu or the WIDE versions of either one.

If you can't find it there, then you have other issues to deal with. If it is there but not showing up inside of Encore, then post back. Hopefully we can fix that.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

frapal
on Jun 22, 2006 at 3:29:43 am

Hi Jeff
I could not see any blank menu psd files where you told me to look.
So I have just reinstalled Encore from scratch and guess what?
The radiant menu is still the default, and i still cannot find any blank pal or ntsc in the library or in the folder you mentioned.
It's getting really frustrating. Maybe you could send me this psd files. My email is frank_pal@hotmail.com unless you have other options of course.
Kind regards and sorry about the trouble.
Frank

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 22, 2006 at 4:50:42 pm

Hi Frank,

First, what version of Encore are using? Is it the trial? Or the educational version?

Second, can you list some of the files that you do see in "Program FilesAdobeAdobe Encore DVD 2.0LibraryGeneral"?

Lastly, you can make your own blank .psd menu. Create a 720x534 (NTSC Standard) square-pixel canvas in Photoshop 7 or earlier, or a 720x480 (NTSC Standard) 0.9 PAR canvas in PS CS or CS2 and then fill it with black. Save the file and then import it into Encore as a menu. Drag the new menu from the Project panel to the Library panel to save it in the Library. Now you have a blank menu in the Library that you can use anytime you want.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

frapal
on Jun 23, 2006 at 2:34:44 am

hi jeff
thank you for yor patience.
I have encore 2.0 full version.
Some of the files in the folder are:

10 point star
man
leaf1
radiant
ntsc_radiant BG
ntsc_radian menu wide
and more ntsc
the same files starting with pal
pointing hand
video
woman

there is much more than these and they are psd

after that a few png files (eg text divider)

Thanks again and kind regards
Frank

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 23, 2006 at 4:45:01 am

Hi Frank,

It sounds like you have at least a good portion of the library installed. Although you can't delete these templates from the Library panel in Encore, you can delete or otherwise affect the default Library content if you do any file management operations from Windows Explorer. It's possible that your blank menu templates have been inadvertantly moved or deleted from Explorer.

Have you moved the Encore library folder from its default location? If so, you will need to go into Edit>Preferences>General and tell Encore where the new location is by setting the Library Content control to the new location of the Library. When you click OK, Encore should re-initialize the Library and make all the templates available to you again.

If you haven't moved the Library folder from its default location, then I'd like you to move it temporarily so that you can force Encore to re-initialize its content. Move the whole Library folder (including subfolders and all content) to a new, temporary location (your Desktop or My Documents is fine) and then go into Edit>Preferences and point Encore to the new location. When you click OK, Encore should re-initialize the content.

Once that's done, move it back to where it was originally and repeat the re-initialization process. Be aware that the Library folder is big and it will take a while for Windows to move it, and a longer while for Encore to re-initialize. Be patient.

Consider creating a backup copy of the whole Library folder in a completely separate location on your hard disk, or on a different hard disk, in case all this moving corrupts the Library files.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Rob Burrows
on Aug 29, 2008 at 5:10:49 pm

hi,

I have the same problem, an empty library. Very annoying. If anyone knows how to populate it I would be eternally grateful.

Rob

Return to posts index

Harold Ek
on Dec 4, 2008 at 8:10:40 pm

It sounds like I have a similar problem. Please see my post "Library Items Missing" on the forum.

Did you ever get any resolution of your problem?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]