FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: MPEG2 Size

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Gould
OT: MPEG2 Size
on May 19, 2006 at 3:37:13 pm

Hi, Can an MPEG2 be any size or does it have to conform to established NTSC/PAL sizes. I'm trying to export a clip from AE to use in a kiosk computer that will be 800x600, I keep getting errors that the size is not compatible with Adobe's MPEG encoder. Is there a better way to do this? The actual resolution of the monitor is 1280*1024 and I wanted the video the same aspect ratio. Wasn't sure what forum to post in...so I apologize if it's the wrong one.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: OT: MPEG2 Size
on May 19, 2006 at 3:47:53 pm

All video assets must be NTSC or PAL resolution for Encore to accept them. The DVD spec doesn't allow anything larger. (Half- and quarter-res are allowed, but Encore doesn't support those sizes. No one uses them anyway. For more detail: http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#3.4 )

If your content is going on a kiosk, you can either live with the video being up-res'd, or you can use a different delivery format than DVD. If no interactivity is required, just use an MPEG, WMV, or QT file. If you need interactivity, consider Flash or Director.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]