FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Error -19013? uh oh?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
R. D. Hamilton
DVD Error -19013? uh oh?
on May 19, 2006 at 2:38:16 pm

I have a dvd revision due for a client very soon, and all it envolves is adding a button and a linked video clip. I have a huge problem when trying to import the video as a timeline or an asset. It seems to be fine importing, and then it gives me a hideous DVD Error -19013. I can't seem to get around it. Does anyone know what this means?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: DVD Error -19013? uh oh?
on May 19, 2006 at 3:22:47 pm

How was the source file created? What codec was used?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

R. D. Hamilton
on May 19, 2006 at 3:34:41 pm

Since we produce our own shows, we bought a real-time DVD recorder to record to DVD. So we record a "Raw" DVD right from the edit system. Then I demux the tracks to an .m2v file and an .ac3 file. This has worked for a long time, I have triple checked and even started a new project and the file imports fine.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 19, 2006 at 4:25:47 pm

So you're good to go with a new project?

What version of Encore? If it's 1.0, make sure you update to 1.0.1 (it's free). If it's any 1.x version, moving files around from where Encore expects to find them can generate this error. And it sometimes appears when a user who doesn't have appropriate permissions opens up a project.

If you can get to the project's asset list in the project that generates this error, deleting the asset and reimporting may help.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

R. D. Hamilton
on May 19, 2006 at 4:36:18 pm

Yeah I read about DVD error issues in 1.0. Unfortunately I have 1.5 so that isn't the case. The problem occurred (I guess) from archiving this project to another hardrive. I need to keep it for constant updates, but I needed to move it from my internal hardrive to my large external harddrive.

I just wanted to get around having to re-transcode all the video....but I guess there is no avoiding it. The worst part about it is all the video plays fine when you preview it, and I can burn a DVD as it is. The project just wouldn't let me inport any new video.

Return to posts index

Matt Dubber
on May 19, 2006 at 5:15:52 pm

You also might want to make sure the folder containing the project (or any file within that folder) isn't set to READ ONLY. If they are, it may prevent Encore from updating that file and could cause you to not be able to import anything new. I have had similar things like this happen on other DVD Authoring programs, but it usually was from archiving the project files to a CD or DVD-ROM....when copied back to hard drive the folders and files are automatically set to 'read only'.

-Matt

Return to posts index

JeffD42
on May 25, 2006 at 2:19:34 pm

I'm having exactly the same problem, and my files are not in "read only". Did you find the way to solve it ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]