FORUMS: list search recent posts

Some files play twice for some reason.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bigmike
Some files play twice for some reason.
on May 12, 2006 at 5:20:13 pm

Hi there:

I'm doing a complex wedding video edited in Premiere. The wedding/reception is 1:45 with 17 chapters (generated in Premiere and exported with the avi file). In Encore I set the end action to go back to the main menu. I have tried every variable I can think of including setting every option to go back to the main menu.

I just added a one minute clip with no chapters as a bridge before the wedding video starts and it plays twice, too, before going on to the wedding.

I notice there are chapters on this one minute clip and they are both labeled as chapter 1. I have tried rerendering the clip several times without exporting chapters, but the chapters are still there -- even if I create a new timeline and revert the footage.

I just opened a new project in premiere and imported the raw clips and rendered it without chapters as a differenet file name. I went into Encore and deleted all references to the old file and imported the new clip as a timeline, but the two chapter ones are still there!!!

I have also tried importing the footage as an asset and creating a new timeline and dropping the clip into the timeline and I still get those two chapter 1s and the clip plays twice before it goes on to the wedding video.

I can't delete the chapters. Or is there a way. WHen I right click on the chapters, the delete chapter is disabled.

I open the clip in Premiere and there is no sign of chapters.

I am assuming the wedding itself has two chapter ones for some reason, too, even though I don't see it.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Some files play twice for some reason.
on May 14, 2006 at 2:05:37 pm

What version of Encore are you using?

When you see the two Chapter Ones, is the first frame of the asset black? You may be seeing where Encore marks a poster frame for the chapter. It will do this automatically if the first frame of the asset is black and the first bright frame is within 5 seconds of the first frame of the asset.

The navigation issue may be caused by the use of overrides. Are you linking to the videos from the same menu or the same menu button (or even a duplicate of a menu button that you already had on the menu)? Make sure any and all overrides are set to "Not Set". Then preview your disc navigation again.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Bigmike
Re: Some files play twice for some reason.
on May 14, 2006 at 2:29:43 pm

That's what seems to have happened. I have the repeat problem when the 2nd chapter 1 turns up after chapter 2. I drag the 2nd chapter 1 to the beginning and the problem went away, I had also changed the navagation to 'not set,' so I'm not sure which solution fixed my problem.

Thanks for responding.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]