FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transition Movie Size Difference

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mickyg
Transition Movie Size Difference
on May 10, 2006 at 11:22:21 pm

I have a motion menu running fine and I want to create a transition movie to a second menu, pretty elementary stuff. The problem is that when the motion menu changes to the transition movie, it reduces the size of the whole transition movie slightly.

Both the motion menu movie and the transition movie are rendered out of the same composition in After Effects, so they have identical properties in terms of size, aspect ratio, codec etc.

The two should seamlessly integrate, and yet when the transition movie kicks in it has black borders all around it, reducing its overall size. When I look at the movies in the small preview window in the Project tab, they look identical. I have no idea why this is happening.

Does the menu have a set resolution that conforms background video to its size, and thus displays it differently to normal video?

Thanks

Return to posts index

mickyg
Re: Transition Movie Size Difference
on May 11, 2006 at 1:33:26 am

OK, a bit of an update -

I decided to try and 'fake' the transition by making another menu, 'trans-menu', and putting the transition movie clip as the menus background. I then deleted all the buttons, and set it to loop once then automatically move onto the next page.

Alas! It once again squeezed my movie clip the same as it had when I had a button-transition correctly in place.

However - If I added a button to the 'trans-menu' menu then it DOES NOT aqueeze the video, and it plays fine. So I created an invisible button and put it in and it worked.

It seems that somehow Encore knows when you are trying to play a piece of video - either through a button transition or through an empty motion menu - and squeezes the video. However as soon as you add a button or object it does not squeeze any more.

This has not simplified my problem, actually it has had the opposite effect, I am more confused than ever. I would love to use the button transition feature, and not have a whole stack of transition menus with invisible buttons!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]