FORUMS: list search recent posts

stop and play issue

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craigd
stop and play issue
on May 9, 2006 at 9:25:21 pm

I have a first play menu with 11 buttons. when i play any timeline from that menu and i hit stop....youd think it would resume where it left off when i hit play, but it doesnt. whenever you play any timeline and hit the stop button mid way through the timeline, the video stops. when you hit the play button to "resume" where you left off, it plays the first video it can from the main menu. keep in mind this. your first button is "#1" and your second "#2", etc... my button #1 has a menu linked to it, my button #2 also has a menu linked to it. My button #3 does not, it just has video. if i play any timeline and hit stop mid way through, then play, it plays the video from button 3. as if it just plays the first video it can from a button off my main menu. since buttons #1 and #2 have menus linked to them, the next playable video would be from button #3. when i hit the stop button and then the play button, i want it to resume where i left off. So theres my dilemma. i think a resolution would come from being able to alter the function of the stop and play buttons. there may also be other solutions im not aware of yet which is why i am asking for any advice from anyone who might point me in a more progressive direction. thanks for any help ahead of time!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: stop and play issue
on May 10, 2006 at 2:45:57 pm

A "soft" stop (press stop once, then press play) is a DVD player feature, which is independent of the DVD authoring tool. On these players, pressing stop twice renders a "hard" stop. If you then press play, the first title on the disc will play. If your player is behaving in this way after a single stop, then it does not support a soft stop, and nothing in the authoring tool can change this behavior.

In Encore, titles are written to disc by timeline creation orger, i.e., first timeline created = first title on the DVD. If you want more control over what happens when the user presses stop, then design your project with this in mind.

Return to posts index

craigd
Re: stop and play issue
on May 10, 2006 at 6:18:40 pm

ahhhh....i see....thank you mr. bowden.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]