FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poor quality menu's?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frank weber
Poor quality menu's?
on May 9, 2006 at 8:42:51 am

I've always had very poor quality menus onces the Dvd is burned. IE: the text is blurry and pixelated.
I had the same problem in DVD Lab pro. Yet when I look at professional Movie DVD's done by other people they seem perfect.
Please help.

The Answer is 42.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Poor quality menu's?
on May 9, 2006 at 1:58:25 pm

1. Avoid pure white text. Really avoid pure white text over black.

2. Avoid highly saturated colors - pure colors bleed and look awful.

3. Avoid placing highly color-saturated text over highly color-saturated backgrounds.

If you are referring to text that is used as the subpicture highlight for a button, then there are additional issues to consider.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

frank weber
Thanks -But:
on May 10, 2006 at 8:49:58 am

Thanks, that helps allot.
However: I've started considering that maybe there's a way of rendering the menus at a higher resolution because it doesn't seem to be full Broadcast res. Is that possible?

The Answer is 42.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Thanks -But:
on May 10, 2006 at 9:35:31 am

Nope. All menus have to comply to the specs defined by the DVD (video) standard. You can't simply make them larger and hope for the best. Just like Jeff said, check your workflow. most likely your image simply contains to much high-contrast stuff with non-broadcast-safe colors, which makes the transcoder go boom. Other than that, you should figure in perceptional phenomena - e.g. a slightly, in a controlled manner blurred text will actually look much better on most TV sets since its luma values are spread more evenly across fields/ scanlines.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]