RE: Artifacting on dissolves post burn

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dale
RE: Artifacting on dissolves post burn
by
on May 8, 2006 at 7:26:55 am

HI, i'm running encore 2.o and i have just done a 36 min program
to dvd. Everything looks reasonably nice BUT the dissolves and fades to black have some pretty serious artifacting on them.

I have done a 2 pass VBR on it through enocore- with the standard settings- it can go right down to 1mb if it chooses. i am wondering if i set the lowest it would drop to at about 4 mb to fix the artifacting?

I am going to do a cbr 8 mb encode to to see if it will sort it just being a long program i thought someone might be able to give me a heads up or a tidbit of something to help me along...

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
Re: RE: Artifacting on dissolves post burn
on May 9, 2006 at 1:17:38 am

Some players cannot sustain an 8mbs CBR read. Try 6800mbs CBR, and see if you are not happier with the end result.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: RE: Artifacting on dissolves post burn
on May 9, 2006 at 2:27:47 pm

[dale] "I have done a 2 pass VBR on it through enocore- with the standard settings- it can go right down to 1mb if it chooses. i am wondering if i set the lowest it would drop to at about 4 mb to fix the artifacting?"

What program was used to create the source files? And what codec?

Unless you need to squeeze a lot of video onto a 4.7GB DVD-5 blank disc (like more than 1 1/2 hours), then you shouldn't need VBR. CBR should do just fine.

CBR rates between 6 and 7 (Gene's 6.8 is good) should always give you great results. Sometimes you can adjust the Quality slider higher and get better results.

As you drop the bit rates, you will see more artifacting in more areas of the video, so that's not a good solution.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]