FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I delay the appearance of menu buttons?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tommmm
How do I delay the appearance of menu buttons?
on May 2, 2006 at 6:52:06 pm

I have a video background that slides in the buttons about 10 seconds in. I am going to use arrows to point at these buttons. My question is how can I delay these arrow buttons from appearing until after the animation video slides in the buttons?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How do I delay the appearance of menu buttons?
on May 2, 2006 at 7:07:00 pm

Set the loop point to 10 seconds.

Return to posts index

tommmm
on May 2, 2006 at 7:30:39 pm

How would setting the loop point delay the appearance of my buttons? All that would be is loop the background video back to 10 seconds and skip the first 10 seconds of the video. I'm not trying to delay the video background at all. I'm trying to delay my buttons from appearing instantly when the menu loads. Any way to do this?

Return to posts index

tommmm
on May 2, 2006 at 7:37:45 pm

Now I see that the 10 second loop point does delay the buttons (first time I rendered it, it didnt). But then when it loop it skips the first 10 seconds of the video. I suppose that is the trade off? Anyway around this?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on May 2, 2006 at 8:37:41 pm

When I create motion menus with buttons that fly into place, I create 2 menus generally. The first play menu where everything flys into place. The first menus end action is the second menu. I use seemless bkg's so that it loops seemlessly. All of my timelines are directed towards this 2nd menu.

I figure once I have flown my buttons in once that's enough. This way also allows for me to have my music stay seemless, as I create my menus to music length.

Without creating a first play movie that cuts into a menu, the loop point is the only way to delay button activation

Johnny Cuevas
Editor, CK&Co

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]