FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interesting DVD Menu item

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Goldberg
Interesting DVD Menu item
on May 2, 2006 at 5:46:45 pm

Hi,
I just saw an interesting item in a yoga DVD we were given. There is a list of exercises that you scroll down, and can select, instead of playing a clip, it selects that clip as an item to play. You can then move along the list and select items, creating your own playlist of exercises. When you are done playing, you hit the play button, and your selections then play back to back. Is there a way to do this type of programming in encore 2.0?

Mike

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Interesting DVD Menu item
on May 2, 2006 at 7:09:53 pm

This is done on a set top player, not a DVDRom, played off the computer? I can think of way of doing it director, but not encore.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 2, 2006 at 7:29:26 pm

Although Encore does write to GPRMs that the DVD player can read later and make a programming choice with, it's limited to the behaviors that Encore supports, such as Return to Last Menu, etc.

Encore doesn't provide a way that the user can write to a GPRM via the method you described, though. Sorry.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on May 2, 2006 at 8:42:56 pm

GPRM????

You are one up on me Joe, what are those? I'm completely not familiar with the term.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 2, 2006 at 9:10:14 pm

GPRM stands for General PaRaMeter. It's a register that data (a number) can be written to, then read back by the player later.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on May 2, 2006 at 9:25:38 pm

Thanks Joe,

I guess I have something else to look into if I'm going to keep the title of DVD master in our post-house...

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 3, 2006 at 1:43:40 am

DVD Demystified by Jim Taylor, Mark Johnson and Charles Crawford is an outstanding reference. The third edition even talks some about HD DVD and Blu-Ray.

Return to posts index

Michael Goldberg
on May 2, 2006 at 11:15:37 pm

Thanks for the info.

MG

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]