***Makes me go crazy!!!*** AE 6.5 & Encore DVD 1.5

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Productions
***Makes me go crazy!!!*** AE 6.5 & Encore DVD 1.5
on May 1, 2006 at 6:55:21 pm

Hey guys,

Need help here.

I know I should of post this in Adobe Encore's forum, but I'm almost certain that there are more people visiting After Effects's forum than Encore's. And badly enough, I need an answer very quickly. I'm sure there are a lot of Encore users here.

So here's the thing. I wanted to create a DVD Menu with a background video. All of my videos are in *.wmv format. So like I wanted to have a background video, I did a blank *.psd file in Photoshop, 704X480 (size of all my videos), and in Encore, assigned it to my DVD Menu video. Everything was going well, until I put my *.psd button on my blank menu (assigned to my DVD Menu background video). When I put the *.psd button on the Menu window and assigned it as a button, when I preview, this, my background video as become a still picture?!

I struggled 2 hours, nothing?!

My due date is for tomorrow. I know it's late, but I thought everything would go perfectly as I planned. Seems life isn't like that.

Thx for responding me soon.

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com
Adobe After Effects 6.0 Professional

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: ***Makes me go crazy!!!*** AE 6.5 & Encore DVD 1.5
on May 1, 2006 at 8:53:50 pm

Hi Justin,

Every time you change the graphics (like buttons) and/or text that are overlaid on your background video, you must render the motion menu so that the changed graphics and text can be composited over each frame of the bg video.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Justin Productions
on May 1, 2006 at 9:37:07 pm

How do I render it? :S

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

Justin Productions
on May 1, 2006 at 9:52:54 pm

Oh my god, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you :D

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 1, 2006 at 10:29:13 pm

:)

You're welcome.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 2, 2006 at 12:55:27 am

Justin, if may I suggest..a little time spent with the Encore user manual may save you many a panic attack, as well as lighten the load for the helpful folks with limited time who still find the time to reply to basic questions such as this. It's worthwhile for investment- for everyone.

Return to posts index

Justin Productions
on May 2, 2006 at 3:17:41 am

That's what I did Joe Bowden.

I past the last 2 days reading and watching tutorials on Adobe Encore. Seriously. I'm not the kind of guy who thinks: "Oh well I'll do my DVD Menu in Encore and while I do it well I'll learn how Encore truly works". Thx for sharing yours thoughts, you are absolutely right. But, I go to cegep (that's after secondary 5 here, sec.5 = 11th grade) and I work 20 hours per week. Plus, several exams the last few weeks.

As for the project, it is done. It was finished at 10h32. Honestly, I wouldn't did it withouth Jeff Bellune's help. I owe him so much. I know it's not a big thing for him, or for anyone of you guys, but it is for me. Never I thought someone would answer me quick enough.

Thx both of you.

'Goin' to bed.

G'night.

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]