FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video flicker in Encore 1.0 Need help fast

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron
Video flicker in Encore 1.0 Need help fast
by
on Apr 30, 2006 at 12:15:03 am

Okay here's the problem. It's the eleventh hour and Houston we have a problem. I rendered out several music videos in one timeline for a demo showing Sunday. The avi was solid when I checked it in media player. Using Encore 1.0 I burned the DVD using the avi and set the transcoding to 16:9 8mb CBR 1 pass. In a couple of section of one of the videos several frames flicker for a couple of frames. One even freezes for sveral frames. The flicker occurs after a still image and after a section of black video. The one section that freezes is at the begining were I have noise applied. Now in the other sections of video were I have black video to video theres no problem. So I thought it might be the bit rate. I tried them all. I even did automatic and it's still there. I'm viewing it on a set top DVD player. Any help to resolve this tonight? Thanks to everyone that helps.

Return to posts index

Ron
Re: Video flicker in Encore 1.0 Need help fast
by
on Apr 30, 2006 at 12:21:41 am

I noticed something else. When I imported the avi and played it in the timeline of Encore the video plays fine except when it comes to the part where the problems are. Then it's no interpeding it properly.

Return to posts index

Ron
by
on Apr 30, 2006 at 2:00:35 am

when I view the timeline in encore by scrolling through the video is clear. But when I let it play its not. I paused it at one of the points and noticed that it's only showing half the video. The interlacing is only half. Meaning there are black lines running through in every other field. I hope with all of this discription someone can help. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 30, 2006 at 2:44:42 pm

Sunday morning, so maybe this is not too late...

First, upgrade to Encore 1.0.1. Second, make sure that you are not using "optimize stills" in your Premiere AVI, if you are using Premiere.

Return to posts index

Ron
by
on Apr 30, 2006 at 3:44:24 pm

Even changing the setting so that stills are not optimized and using 1.01 and 1.5 there's no change.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 30, 2006 at 3:46:13 pm

You did all that in the single hour that passed since I posted?

Return to posts index

Ron
by
on Apr 30, 2006 at 4:02:06 pm

Enocre I had updated. I tried it lastnight in 1.0.1 and 1.5. Since it was several music video put into one timeline, I had gone back to the original sequence and was running test on it. I made the change to the sample sequence for the images and rendered it. Then picked it up in encore and it still does it.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 30, 2006 at 4:05:22 pm

Where did you disable "Optimize Stills"? Have you tried exporting MPEG-2 from Premiere?

Return to posts index

Ron
by
on Apr 30, 2006 at 4:30:56 pm

Disbaled it in the project settings and no I haven't tried it from premiere as a mpeg-2. I have 1.5 and I looked at the settings for export and they don't seem high enough. I was trying to maintain the quality since I was shooting with a pd170.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 30, 2006 at 6:03:46 pm

You need to disable it in the export settings for the AVI (click the button in the export dialog, locate the checkbox and uncheck it).

Also, you can create your own MPEG-2 setting in PPro and set it as high as you want. I would suggest you alter their 7 MBps CBR setting and notch it up to 8 MBps.

Return to posts index

Ron
by
on May 1, 2006 at 12:58:48 am

Hey Joe. Can you walk me through it. I see what your saying but I've never encoded through Premiere before. I want the best quality. This area is a week spot for me and I often just us auto in Encore. I can use the help. Thanks for bearing with me.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 1, 2006 at 3:01:39 pm

If you open the Adobe Media Encoder in PPro (File > Export), then you should be able to choose a preset. Choose MPEG2-DVD for your format, then select Video in the left pane and choose "NTSC DV High Quality 7 Mbps CBR 1 pass" preset, change aspect ratio to 16:9, then change the bitrate from 7 to 8 via direct entry (click in the field, then type "8", without quotes). Make sure Multiplexing is set to None, then click OK to export.

That should do it.

Return to posts index

Ron
by
on May 4, 2006 at 12:29:31 am

Joe, you are the man. It worked! Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]