FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Menu Issues... Old posts arent helping

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ploughman
Motion Menu Issues... Old posts arent helping
on Apr 27, 2006 at 9:58:08 pm

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=145&postid=...
this guy was having the same Problem as me... How do i make the menu intro animation and menu seamless?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Motion Menu Issues... Old posts arent helping
on Apr 28, 2006 at 1:57:55 am

You make the complete animation (including the freeze of the last frame and the visible button graphics that will appear over it) as a video in another application like After Effects or Premiere Pro. Let the video hold on the last frame (with button graphics) for a while. 30 seconds to a minute is not unreasonable.

Then:
1. Add your video as a background to a blank menu in Encore.
2. Make your menu buttons "highlight only". All button graphics are already part of the video background.
3. Set the loop point for the motion menu to the point in the video where the button graphics appear and you want the audience to be able to activate the buttons. The button highlights will not be visible until the loop point is reached.
4. When the end of the animation is reached (30 seconds to a minute later), the menu background video will loop. When it loops, it will loop to the loop point timecode that you set. This prevents the intro animation from playing again.
5. If you don't want the menu to loop forever, set the number of loops.
6. If you need the audience to be able to return to this menu, create a duplicate that doesn't contain the intro animation.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

ploughman
Re: Motion Menu Issues... Old posts arent helping
on Apr 28, 2006 at 3:59:49 pm

this makes alot more sense then trying to get a seemless transition

Return to posts index

ploughman
Thanks
on Apr 28, 2006 at 5:51:41 pm

... again thank you. I understand this as a more efficient worklfow.

Now, i am having trouble w/ the buttons.
Can i please get a clear/concise explanation as to wich prefixes do what on the PSD in terms of highlight layers.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Thanks
on Apr 28, 2006 at 7:22:19 pm

Button layers need to be in a layer set. The layer set needs the (+) prefix. If you are doing highlight-only buttons, all you will need in the button layer set is a subpicture layer. The subpicture layer needs the (=1) prefix. Don't add any anti-aliasing, effects or styles to the subpicture layer because the color palette for the subpicture highlight can't handle it.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]