FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image quality

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron
Image quality
by
on Apr 23, 2006 at 7:46:05 pm

I don't know if the problem is in Encore or PP1.5. I'm shooting with a Sony PD170 so footage should be really good. When I'm done and built to DVD using Encore 1.0 it just doesn't seem as though the image quality is there. A friend thought it might be the bit rate but I couldn't find any adjustment point. Any thoughts on how to get the best image quality? Thanks

Return to posts index

herojig
Re: Image quality
on Apr 24, 2006 at 9:37:01 am

Just posted some thoughts on this here...but basically making the project settings match ie. DV PAL or NTSC, and then spitting out uncompressed video from the timeline for import into Encore. There is a recompress checkbox that is on by default in PPRO, turn that off. Optimize stills, etc. Let Encore do all the transcoding. Does the video look good before Encore? I have Canopus Procoder2 in PPRO 1.5, so no matter what, output is always great (unless the shots suck). In PPRO2 you can transcode from there to test to see if what you are getting out of Encore is any different, but in 1.5 I never had any luck making great VOBs without Canopus. luck,
jigs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]