FORUMS: list search recent posts

General Question - Can anyone help?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
efflux
General Question - Can anyone help?
on Apr 22, 2006 at 11:03:20 pm

I am a noob with encore and basic DVD authoring, but pretty advanced with After Effects. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on optimizing the video quality on my DVD's.

I am currently rendering all my AE stuff at "720X480 D1/DV NTSC (0.9), both quicktime and AVI." I degrain, color finesse, adjust levels, and apply the boradcast color filter. When I import to encore and build my DVD, everything looks rather washed out on my TV screen.

Things are definitely not looking as sharp as they should, and I need some advice.

Can anyone help?

Return to posts index

herojig
Re: General Question - Can anyone help?
on Apr 23, 2006 at 4:16:16 pm

well i do the same thing but i use BORIS RED and Premiere 1.5, and no problems there. Are you letting Encore do the transcoding for you? I just run out normal DV PAL (no recompress) import that and let Encore do the transcoding, sharp as a tack - EXCEPT - for a few clips that i had as flash source, which I had to use AfterEffects2 to convert to AVI (it's the only tool that I have that does that, I think...) and the images were clear but the entire clip has the jitters. That's a strange one! Good luck,
jigs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]