FORUMS: list search recent posts

Turning my kick-cow Encore creation into VCD/DVD/Website?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
herojig
Turning my kick-cow Encore creation into VCD/DVD/Website?
on Apr 22, 2006 at 9:46:35 pm

Hi all, I have a great Encore DVD creation (our studio's promo) and I want to burn some VCDs or SVCDs to save some pisa. What's the best way to go about that and keep the clear resolution that I already have. The content is about 1 gig or so. Also, the menu system is so great I want to use it as a basis for our new website. Is there a fast way to do that? All the artwork is in PSD, and all the content is wav or avi. I was thinking of trying to flash the whole thing, or at least creating smaller FLVs from the content. Hmmm...no that Abobe owns Macromedia, perhaps Encore V3 will have a 1-click solution for that:)
thanks!
jigs in nepal

Return to posts index

herojig
Re: Turning my kick-cow Encore creation into VCD/DVD/Website?
on Apr 24, 2006 at 9:39:08 am

no help on this one yet? I really need to crank out some VCD/SVCD from this project soon! thanks,
jigs

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 24, 2006 at 2:43:34 pm

Encore doesn't support VCD or SVCD. Sorry.

Return to posts index

herojig
on Apr 24, 2006 at 6:37:09 pm

thanks for that, but i understand that! i want to know which tool/procedure to use to take the DVD and convert to SVCD or VCD, my market here (nepal) is still VCD based, heck, people still play cassettes here! any tips?
thanks,
jigs in nepal

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 24, 2006 at 7:23:27 pm

My best guess would be that you build a DVD, then rip it and re-encode assets to MPEG-1 for use in VCD/SVCD. You should be able to find more info on VCD/SVCD authoring at http://www.videohelp.com than you would here.

Return to posts index

herojig
on Apr 25, 2006 at 6:16:31 am

hi, thanks for that, but i guess my real question is how can i do this without having to reconstruct the encore meny system, which is so grand. I guess the answer is ya can't. I can import the DVD into a NERO project, and it transcodes all the assets ok, but requires me to build a whole new menu system for the SVCD. Arg... only if Adobe had thought of this.
jigs

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 25, 2006 at 7:55:26 pm

To be honest, the market is moving ever more quickly away from VCD and SVCD, so I don't see this as an oversight as much as a deliberate concentration of resources into more a future-proof format.

Return to posts index

herojig
on Apr 26, 2006 at 3:14:29 am

Hi joe, thanks for that thought. I guess the "western" market is like that, but here in Asia SVCD still reins as it's 1/10 the cost to produce. So that means a lower sale price at the pump. But as you point out, its not futuristic.

But what I need is a way to convert now, but it seems there is none on the market that takes the DVD, menus and all, and just batches the whole thing into a VCD. I guess our studio will just have to bite the rupee and deliver on DVD for this one. That means we will have to spend 100 rupees on each promo vs. 10. I could recreate the entire menu system in say Nero, but it will never look as good, and would take more time then it's worth (perhaps).
Ke garne,
jigs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]