FORUMS: list search recent posts

Highlight of subpictures...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Set Apart
Highlight of subpictures...
on Apr 20, 2006 at 7:41:14 pm

When I do my subpictures (which I did as text that goes over the button, which is a picture) I set the blending options how I wanted with a drop shadow and all that...then I open it in Encore and when I try and preview it, its gone. I set the subpictures as (=2) Is that right? cause all I want is the word to come up when it goes over the button.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Highlight of subpictures...
on Apr 20, 2006 at 8:01:46 pm

DVD subpictures don't support blending modes or dropshadows/glows or other opacity-type effects. DVD subpictures by definition are 2 bit color tables, which means one color and one opacity per subpicture.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Apr 22, 2006 at 1:30:40 pm

You can cheat the DVD spec by using multiple menus and the auto activate feature of encore along with hidden buttons or using zero activate/selected opacity, I do have a tutorial on this procedure for use in Encore 1.5, but i am unable to post a direct link to it from here

Return to posts index

herojig
on Apr 22, 2006 at 10:16:31 pm

I guess that explains this problem:
1.put a stroke on a highlight for a button in Photoshop.
2.go back to encore2 and it's a color blob.
I hope david posts his tutorial, if it fixes this problem I am all eyes...
jigs

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Apr 25, 2006 at 6:34:21 pm

go here http://www.sitesled.com/members/doogs/downloads.htm and download Tutorial #9 from the advanced section of tuts (red section) and then just adapt the proceedure to suit your own needs.

hope this helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]