FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange color problem in encore 2.0

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thizoo
Strange color problem in encore 2.0
on Apr 20, 2006 at 1:07:08 pm

Hi

I've encountered a strange color problem. In my menu there are four buttons: blue, purple, green and orange. When I want to highlight the orange and the green button they become blue.
Now I've checked the colors in Encore 2.0 and in Photoshop. In both programs the colors are how they should be. But in preview mode in encore 2.0 they both become blue. That happens also when i expotrt the menu to a video_ts folder.
Can anyone help me?

Intel P4 3,2 GHz
1024 mb Ram
SB audigy 24 bit
Nvidia Geforce 6600
160 Gb HD
Win XP pro SP2

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Strange color problem in encore 2.0
on Apr 20, 2006 at 3:43:14 pm

It sounds like the primary (=1) highlight color for your menu is blue. You can have up to three highlight colors, or you can just not highlight the buttons at all. (I wouldn't recommend going without highlights. At the very least you should have something light up to tell the user what button they're on, such as a dot next to the buttons or a ring around them.)

Best way to fix this is to edit the menu in Photoshop and reassign the highlight layers for the buttons to be the different colors- (=1), (=2), and (=3). You can either edit the colors of those layers in Photoshop, or you can reassign the colors once you have the menu back in Encore.

Return to posts index

Thizoo
on Apr 21, 2006 at 7:46:21 am

Thanks for the help. But this sucks, only three diffrent highlights. Do you know if there's a way to make four diffrent highlights?

Intel P4 3,2 GHz
1024 mb Ram
SB audigy 24 bit
Nvidia Geforce 6600
160 Gb HD
Win XP pro SP2

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 21, 2006 at 2:10:11 pm

It's a limitation of the DVD specification.

However, you can have three colors per group (and two groups per menu), so really, you can do six colors.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]