FORUMS: list search recent posts

Should Start at loop Point

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
manny
Should Start at loop Point
on Apr 20, 2006 at 1:04:20 pm

I have a main menu and submenu. On my main menu, I created a loop point at 4 secs. When my main menu loops, it started at the loop point and not at the beginning of the animation, which is great. However, whenever Im in my sub menu, and click the back button (to the main menu), the whole animation begins from the start and not at the loop point. What I wanna do when i click the back button of the submenu, is for the main menu to start at the loop point and not at the beginning of the animation. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Should Start at loop Point
on Apr 20, 2006 at 3:39:02 pm

Loop points only apply once you're in the menu. When you link to the menu from another menu or timeline, you can only enter that menu from the beginning. This is a limitation in the DVD spec.

The workaround is to take the beginning segment of your animation that you don't want to loop, and cut it off into a separate timeline. Set that as First Play, and link it's end action to the main menu, which only contains the looping segment. Make links from other menus directly to the main menu (unless you want them to play the intro segment, in which case link them to that).

The downside to this is that some DVD players may show a slight delay during the transition from the timeline to the menu. Most newer (3-4 years old) players won't show more than a slight hiccup.

Return to posts index

epontius
Re: Should Start at loop Point
on Apr 20, 2006 at 6:45:54 pm

Another solution would be to make a short 4sec menu that contains just your loop as suggested in the prev post. Then link your submenu "main menu" button to this shorter 4sec loop version of your menu.
Your first play would be the long menu that includes your intro and loop point...this avoids the slight paused mentioned in the previous post before. Then going back to the "main menu" from any submenu would link to the shorter version of the menu.

Erik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]