FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with motion menu looping - Encore 2.0

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pete WCS
Problem with motion menu looping - Encore 2.0
on Apr 19, 2006 at 6:13:20 pm

Hi,

I have a rather basic menu, whick contains a 55 second video clip that plays in the background. I have the Motion properties of this menu set properly (video and sound come from the .AVI file). I have set the Loop # to "Forever".

On the computer, when previewing, it works perfectly. The whole video is played until the end, at which time it loops again. But when I burn it to a DVD, to play in my DVD player, it only plays the menu once, and then STOPS.

I was puzzled by this, because the End Action shouldn't be used for a menu set to "loop forever." In the Properties, though, the End Action was indeed set to Stop, so I unset this properly. I re-burned: It still worked fine in the computer, still behaved the same on the DVD player. Only difference this time is that Encore throws a warning now when building the project that the End Action for the menu is not set.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Return to posts index

shane chadder
Re: Problem with motion menu looping - Encore 2.0
on Apr 19, 2006 at 7:36:02 pm

I'm also having problems with looping menus. The computer and one old Koss player are fine, but a newer Philips and Koss players stopped after one play.

We finally rebuilt the whole DVD from scratch (a complicated project to) and then it was fine.

It seems like something was corrupted in the menu somehow but I don't know what. We tried every setting we could think of.

Return to posts index

Pete WCS
on Apr 19, 2006 at 8:16:18 pm

Thanks a lot for the information. Interestingly, the test player I am using is a Phillips DVD player, where the looping isn't working. A friend's Sony DVD player does the looping just fine.

I was about to reinstall Encore 1.5, since I never had any problems using that. Bleh. I will try rebuilding the project.

Return to posts index

Pete WCS
on Apr 27, 2006 at 12:57:09 pm

Well, I rebuilt the project again. Still behaves the same. :-(

Has anyone else had any trouble like this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]