FORUMS: list search recent posts

motion menu automatically plays timelines

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dakota Joe
motion menu automatically plays timelines
on Apr 18, 2006 at 8:13:02 am

Encore 2.0 problem: I have one menu -- a motion menu, which is about 34 seconds long. The menu has 9 buttons (not animated buttons) that connect to 9 timelines with 9 different movies. The menu "end action" is set to "menu". The override is also set to "menu". When I burn a DVD and play it, the motion menu will run through it's clip twice and then automatically start playing the second timeline (This does not happen in Encore when I preview it). Then it will go back to the menu again and play through the motion menu twice and then automatically start playing the next timeline. It does this right down the list of timelines. (When it starts playing a timeline, I notice that the DVD player is reading the timeline as a "root menu" even though I have clearly set up the real menu as the main (and only) menu.) The loop is set to "forever".

This project was originally started in Encore 1.5 and there was no problem with it there, in preview or in burning. Unfortunately, I have now added a new timeline with two clips in it and I don't believe Encore 1.5 can handle this...

I have had a similar problem with video buttons in 2.0. Even though the button is set to loop "forever", after two play-throughs, the screen goes black. This happens in the preview window as well.

As an attempt to fix this, I re-installed Encore 2.0, but to no avail.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: motion menu automatically plays timelines
on Apr 18, 2006 at 1:00:22 pm

[Dakota Joe] "The override is also set to "menu"."

That is a bad thing. Clear every single override in the entire project unless you have an unusual navigation problem and know exactly why you want them set. Override navigation that *may* have been necessary in 1.5 is unnecessary in 2.0 now that Chapter End Actions and Chapter Playlists are available.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Dakota Joe
on Apr 18, 2006 at 7:55:50 pm

Thanks -- I'll try that.

Return to posts index

Dakota Joe
on Apr 18, 2006 at 8:07:31 pm

Dude, it worked! Thanks.

Return to posts index