FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with EncoreDVD 1.5 - Transcoding AVIs

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pd4860
Problem with EncoreDVD 1.5 - Transcoding AVIs
on Apr 15, 2006 at 4:49:33 pm

In an attempt to keep up with modern technology I am attempting to no longer just push stuff out onto VHS but to put it onto DVD.

I have pulled my AVIs into Encore DVD and set my chapters up but whenever I try to either burn the disc or just transcode one of the files I get a rather vague error message (I'm fairly sure that it just says Unknown Error but I'll check for definate)

Does anyone know what may be causing this. I'll add to this post later the exact formats of the exported Premiere files if that will help.

Return to posts index

pd4860
Re: Problem with EncoreDVD 1.5 - Transcoding AVIs - More details
on Apr 15, 2006 at 6:32:38 pm

OK here are the full details.

When I try to transcode the files or build a DVD I get an "Unidentified Error" no other information in the box just that and an OK button.

The files I have imported are as follows.

Microsoft AVI
720 X 576 @ 25 fps
44100 16 Bit Stereo
Uncompressed

I have also tried Microsoft DV AVI same settings same result.

the premiere project is PAL Video for Windows from Premiere 6.0

I'm fairly sure the problem lies with me rather than the software so any advice would be welcome.

Return to posts index

Rob Sgarlata
on Apr 20, 2006 at 9:11:37 pm

Have you tried encoding the files before brining them into Encore? I use the Cinemacraft Encoder, you can also try TMPGenc. There are others.

Return to posts index

pd4860
on Apr 21, 2006 at 5:12:00 pm

I have thought about this but read someting somewhere (possibly the Encore manual) about trying to position chapters and that if it is already transcoded it is not as accurate as transcoding groups sets of 12/13 frames together. I may have misunderstood this but do not know enough about the technology to say.

Return to posts index

Rob Sgarlata
on Apr 21, 2006 at 6:23:45 pm

I always encode my files before bringing them into Encore. You may have a point about the accuracy of placing Chapter points. Have you tried clearing the files from your project and then importing them again. That helped me one time. Another time I rendered the files in Premiere again and that fixed the problem. Also, isn't it possible to place your chapter markers in your editing progam? It isems to me that would allow the greatest accuracy.

Return to posts index

pd4860
on Apr 22, 2006 at 9:15:34 pm

Have re-imported into Encore and re-exported from Premiere a number of times without any luck. I will see if I can figure out the inclusion of chapter points within the file, as I said earlier I have worked only with tape so far so this is a whole new ball game for me.

Return to posts index

Rob Sgarlata
on Apr 23, 2006 at 12:46:19 am

How about transcoding to mpeg coming out of Premiere? Premiere Pro 1.5 has the Mainconcept Encoder built in. It doesn't give you as much flexibility as a stand-alone encoder, but that might help narrow down your problem. I have never tried working with .avi files in Encore, always with files that were already encoded to DVD compliant format.

Return to posts index

jstucin
on May 29, 2006 at 10:10:01 am

You should find, where you've set end action or menu remote to: 'link back to here'.
There's a bug or something.

Return to posts index

jstucin
on May 29, 2006 at 10:10:14 am

You should find, where you've set end action or menu remote to: 'link back to here'.
There's a bug or something.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]