FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bug in Encore 2?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Goldberg
Bug in Encore 2?
on Apr 14, 2006 at 5:40:11 pm

Hi,
I create my menus in Photoshop...Often I have only text in a button. I just did my first DVD in Encore 2, and when I link a button to a timeline, it changes the text in the button. The easy workaround is to rasterize the text in photoshop, but this seems ridiculous. Am I missing something needed as to why this happens?

MG

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Bug in Encore 2?
on Apr 14, 2006 at 6:29:43 pm

Hi Michael,

This is a new feature in Encore 2 called, "Sync Button Text and Name". It is very helpful if you design or edit your menus inside of Encore, but, as you have discovered, it is deadly when you take your pre-designed buttons and link them to program content.

The best way to handle this is to use the Menus panel (not the viewer) and select all of the buttons in a menu all at once, then use the Properties panel to de-select the SBTAN checkbox. Repeat for each menu in your project. Accomplish this task BEFORE you start linking the buttons.

AFAIK, several thousand feature requests to have a Preference for SBTAN to be on or off by default have already been filed, but it wouldn't hurt for you to go to the Adobe site and file one too.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Michael Goldberg
on Apr 14, 2006 at 8:17:23 pm

Thanks,
Thats a big help

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
on Apr 15, 2006 at 7:35:48 am

Yes, please submit a feature request. I keep pulling my hair out on this one!!

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Apr 15, 2006 at 6:45:56 pm

what were Adobe thinking? Ah yes, the non-professional consumer.

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
on Apr 17, 2006 at 4:07:52 am

[Mike Cohen] "Ah yes, the non-professional consumer."

Actually, the professional. If you think about it, most pros develop their menus in Photoshop and give buttons appropriate names within Photoshop itself. A good idea overall and now I certainly create my menus properly :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]