FORUMS: list search recent posts

mouse-over behavior of a button

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
manny
mouse-over behavior of a button
on Apr 12, 2006 at 3:19:08 pm

Im wondering if its possible to create a button in Encore 2.0 that when a user mouse-over it, it changes to a different color or display other image and when the user clicks it, another behavior will be displayed. Just like in Flash wherein a button can have different behavior on mouse-over, mouse-click etc. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: mouse-over behavior of a button
on Apr 12, 2006 at 5:17:54 pm

No, not really. DVD buttons are rather limited compared to what you can do in Flash or on the web. One of the problems is that they need to work with the directional controls DVD player remote controls, not just mouse controls on a PC.

The best you can do on DVD to accomplish a "mouse off" rollover is to have each button in a separate menu. Set each other button in a given menu to "auto-activate", so that when the user moves to it, the menu for that button is loaded. This may not work as expected when using a mouse, though. (It'll definitely work when using a remote control.)

Return to posts index

herojig
Re: mouse-over behavior of a button
on Apr 18, 2006 at 8:26:15 pm

Strange, I created a highlight that changes the color, and not sure how I did that, but my problem there is that I replaced the highlight layer in photoshop with a PNG-8 graphic of a red fireball, and now back in Encore land there is a red ball (no pixel definition) and the highlight (roll over) turns the TEXT to red as well. I sure wish I knew how to control these buttons, the styles palette in the lower right of Encore is insane!

As for your solution, I can't say I understand a word?!? Layer the menus somehow? Or autoactivate a whole new one? please say more...
thanks,
jigs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]