FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disappearing menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dakota Joe
Disappearing menu
on Apr 12, 2006 at 6:35:35 am

I have set up a menu with a video thumbnail button, set it to animate and loop forever. But after one or two loops, the entire menu disappears. I thought this might be an Encore display problem, but when I made a DVD and played it, the same problem happened. This problem is only happening with this one project -- the other projects I am working on are fine. The content I am using in this DVD is the same type of file and codec as my other projects.

Return to posts index

Dakota Joe
Re: Disappearing menu
on Apr 12, 2006 at 10:13:58 am

Well...this problem seems to be solved. I reinstalled the program and there is now no problem with the menu/button. But there is another problem: Even though the clip I am working with is the right size (NTSC 720X480), when I bring it into Encore it becomes oversized and I lose a significant part of the outer edges of the image when I preview (it looks fine when I play it in Premiere or Windows Media Player). And it looks like this (oversized) on the actual DVD that I write as well. arrgh.

Oh, I don't know if this is important, but I am working with progressive scan AVI's.

Return to posts index

Dakota Joe
on Apr 12, 2006 at 6:34:28 pm

Dudes, any ideas? (I really need to figure this out soon). :o

Return to posts index

Dakota Joe
on Apr 12, 2006 at 11:24:35 pm

Well...I just went back and used the exact same files in AE 6.5 and AE 7 -- I changed the frame rate by bringing a PAL tiff sequence into an NTSC comp in AE, exported them the same (as uncompressed, non-interlaced AVI's), and I was right: the one created in AE 6.5 looks perfect, but the one created in AE 7 has its width stretched (in Encore, but not in Windows Media Player or Premiere). Any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]