FORUMS: list search recent posts

NEED HELP!!! QUICKTIME PROBLEMS

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
agentxphat
NEED HELP!!! QUICKTIME PROBLEMS
on Apr 12, 2006 at 1:38:41 am

I am trying to export footage from Avid Xpress (source footage was miniDV) to a "Same as Source" Quicktime file. i am having major interlacing problems when i do this. I have tried several different settings, even the quicktime ref setting is exporting with interlacing. Using sorenson on "medium" quality got rid of it, but on high quality and at 720 x 480 they are present.

Is there a better codec to use? i just need the best possible quicktime i can get at 720 x 480. My deadline is 6 hours away.

Any suggestions? i am desperate

Thanks,
-Joe

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: NEED HELP!!! QUICKTIME PROBLEMS
on Apr 12, 2006 at 1:59:47 am

If you are using Encore version 1.x, then make sure you export from Avid as self-contained QuickTime .mov files and not as reference files.

Return to posts index

Dale
by
on Apr 12, 2006 at 11:48:17 am

its true that encore doesn't like qt refs but if you can't export the file as a qt movie out of
avid because of the 2gig limit you can export the qt ref out BUT make sure that you don't have any black spaces in your time line in avid... if you fade to black or have black at head or tail replace it with a shot and colour correct it to black then go qt ref... you might see tho that it won't letterbox down to 4:3 if its a 16:9 dvd. which can be a prob. don't know if this is the answer u need... i'll reread you q

Return to posts index

Dale
by
on Apr 12, 2006 at 11:52:59 am

im not sure if you wanna deinterlace or interlace- here's both ooptions for you. i'm doing it slightly from memory- haven't authored in a couple of weeks and the compter is in for a service!

export as qt ref, open in sorenson... go to the SPANNER menu... for intelaced version select NONE
for deinterlaced 'AUTO REMOVE INTERLACE"

THATS IT... im pretty sure this is right. good luck i know how u feel mate!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]