FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues displaying the menu after menu intro animation

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
colourblind
Issues displaying the menu after menu intro animation
on Apr 7, 2006 at 12:18:34 pm

Hi,

I'm having this bit of a problem with a motion menu. Until now I just worked on menus with animated backgrounds, plain and simple. Now I have this situation. The menu animation is a stop motion animation that plays from one menu to the other. So, I am supposed to play the animation (when launching the DVD), until it reaches the first menu. When the user clicks a button another animation to the next menu is loaded.

At first, I wanted to have one background animation and at certain chapter points in the animation LOAD the menus which would have buttons linked to other transitions to the remaining menus. However, in the background video Encore seems to disregard any action be it stop, or link to another menu.

So what I did was cutting the big animation into smaller movies each from one menu to the other. However, this is where my problem arises.

When the menu animation stops, I load a menu (with a matching background and button position). The first problem is that the menu doesn't load just right away. The last frame of the animation just hangs there one more second or so and then the PSD menu is loaded. Second... even though the last frame of the animation and the menu match perfectly... there is some sort of jump when the menu is displayed over the last frame of the animation.

Initially, when I wanted to use the animation as a background (note however that the background animation should still STOP when reaching a menu) and use no background for the menu and just display the buttons over the last frame in the anim. However this doesn't seem to work.

Bottom line, I would like to know how do I achieve seamlessness in displaying the menu after each individual animation into the menu? Didi I do something wrong or is it another way, or the jump is due to the time necessary for loading the menu?

I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks guys,
CB

Return to posts index

epontius
Re: Issues displaying the menu after menu intro animation
on Apr 7, 2006 at 8:10:42 pm

I you haven't already done so, you might try burning a test disc and playing it on a set top DVD player and see if you have the same behavior. In my experience, the Encore preview always has a bit of an exagerated lag as it goes from menu to animation to menu, etc... Set top players might behave differently. I've seen variances with the same disc between various players as some can access the titles and load menus faster than others. But, at least in 1.5, I was never able to get it to be completely seamless. Not sure if anything changed in 2.0.

Erik

Return to posts index

colourblind
Re: Issues displaying the menu after menu intro animation
on Apr 7, 2006 at 8:43:36 pm

Thanks epontius

I had the same thought about the whole preview issue, I just needed some sort of confirmation.

I'll let you know if I have any new info on the matter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]