FORUMS: list search recent posts

PAL DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Press
PAL DVD
on Mar 29, 2006 at 3:36:59 pm

Hi Guys.
I'm using Premier 1.5 to make mpegs and Encore 1.5 for Authoring. What are the correct mpeg setting in Premier to make PAL Assets. I'm converting AVIs. I've tried a bunch but everyone of them looks Ragged and Stuttery. Hope you can help ASAP.
Thanks
matt

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: PAL DVD
on Mar 29, 2006 at 7:26:55 pm

Try bringing your avi into Encore as is, then letting Encore automatically transcode it. Test burn to an RW disc and see if you like the results any better.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Matthew Press
on Mar 29, 2006 at 7:36:55 pm

I've set up me Encore Proj. as PAL. Encore will not let me bring the AVI into it.

Return to posts index

Matthew Press
on Mar 29, 2006 at 8:08:07 pm

With all do respect. I really need help on this ASAP.
Hope you can.

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
on Mar 29, 2006 at 9:28:35 pm

PAL is *NOT* NTSC and needs to be converted first, then to MPEG. Try Procoder or another envoding app to convert from NTSC to PAL AVI and then into MPEG.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Press
on Mar 29, 2006 at 9:40:04 pm

I know it not NTSC.
Thanks, I Think

Return to posts index

epontius
on Mar 29, 2006 at 10:36:28 pm

Converting the NTSC avi to PAL in Premiere will look horrible...more less how you are describing, since it is doing a poor job of scaling and changing the framerate.

Your best bet is to use a stand alone transcoder like Canopus Procoder (which does an excellent job of format conversions) since it will do a better job. Procoder isn't cheap, but is probably money well spent in terms of it's quality and capabilities.

Another option is to find a tape dub house around that will do the format conversion with a professional hardware format converter. This can get pretty costly.

The other thing to consider, is whether you really need a format conversion. A many DVD players sold in Europe will play both formats and do the conversion for you.

Erik

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Mar 29, 2006 at 10:38:13 pm

1. What codec was used to create the .avi? Do a Google search for GSpot and use that utility to I.D. the codec.

2. What is the frame size of the .avi?

3. What is the frame rate of the .avi?

4. What error message do you get when you try to import the .avi file into Encore?

The answers to these question should provide a clue as to why Encore won't import the .avi file.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Mar 29, 2006 at 10:41:19 pm

One more question: Are you "converting" PAL .avi files from PAL .avi to PAL .mpeg, or are you "converting" PAL/NTSC .avi files to NTSC/PAL .mpeg files? Encore will not convert PAL --> NTSC or vice-versa.

Return to posts index

beiiib
on Mar 29, 2006 at 10:57:33 pm

It is easy man, i am from argentina, here everything is Pal except for the dvds.

I usually work with FireStore DvStandars Converter, and i use the matrox dv codec cause ive got a rtx100 matrox card.

This Software for DV Pal/Ntsc Ntsc/Pal conversions is easy to find.........

Then use the Premiere Pro, by creatin' any DV Pal project and import the new Pal .avi file into this project... now u just have to use adobe premiere's encoder to convert the timeline into a m2v file.

Then you just import it to Encore.

Anyway... I found Canopus ProCoder wors than FireStore Dv... doing Pal/Ntsc or Ntsc/Pal convertions, but this is the best Mpeg encoder of all, and much much much more better than Premiere's Encoder.

I hope this help

And sorry for my english i know it is not very good lol

merci beaucoup...

Return to posts index

Matthew Press
on Mar 30, 2006 at 2:41:24 pm

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP.
SINCERLY
MATT

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]