FORUMS: list search recent posts

REALLY annoying problem - please help!!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victoria Ellis
REALLY annoying problem - please help!!
on Mar 28, 2006 at 9:16:05 am

I am in the middle of producing an 8 DVD boxed set of a 3 day conference, which has a really quick turn around, but we've come across a big problem at the last minute:

When the DVD is burnt and played, the file is clipped off before the end, and it goes back to the menu. The file is fine in the timeline in Encore and ends nicely on the fade to black. This is a really annoying problem, because I cannot think for the life of me what the problem is. I really need this sorted out ASAP because we have to get 100 or so sets of 8 DVDs done by the middle of the week.

Please help!!

Thanks,
Victoria

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: REALLY annoying problem - please help!!
on Mar 28, 2006 at 2:03:04 pm

Have you checked your source files? We've only started to complement our DVD authoring with Encore for a certain type of project, but we had similar problems a few years back when we started to use Scenarist. It would never play entire timelines because the timecode and headers of the source files were incorrect. If you can, try to re-transcode all source files or if that's out of the question try to check them with a native MPEG-II editing tool such as MPEG VCR. When saving again from there you should get an intact header and timecode which would be all to solve your dilemma.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Victoria Ellis
on Mar 29, 2006 at 2:37:40 pm

Thanks - I have now got MPEG VCR, and although I haven't used it yet, I will in the future. We've managed to get round this problem by re-exporting the avi files with extra black on the end, so that if/when it chops the end off in Encore, the footage is still intact.
Thanks for you help though!
Victoria

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Mar 29, 2006 at 7:56:25 pm

I find that DVD upon playback ends timelines not quite at the end, so now I add a second or two of black when exporting.

Return to posts index

Victoria Ellis
on Mar 29, 2006 at 9:24:08 pm

Yes - that is exactly how I have got round this problem!

Return to posts index

epontius
on Mar 29, 2006 at 10:43:29 pm

Probably, good practice to add a little black at the beginning and ending of videos.
Black at the end solves the problem with a rather abrupt exit at the end of the title.
Black at the beginning is important for stereo receivers with dolby digital to have a chance to recognize the format prior to the start of any audio from the show itself. Otherwise, there will be silence as the receiver locks on.

Erik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]