FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video thumbnail duration

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Simon Hammett
Video thumbnail duration
on Mar 23, 2006 at 6:24:14 pm

Hi all, I know im new, but i need your much respected advice.

I am trying to create a dvd menu with a smaller video running inside it.

The duration for this thumnail must be 5 mins long (to cover the whole film), the defult seems to be 15 secs. The film has audio as well.

So I need to make the thumnail movie duration 5 mins with audio. Not a button, but more of a mini screen inside a screen!

If you can help, this would be very much appreciated.

Cheers all.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Video thumbnail duration
on Mar 23, 2006 at 9:35:53 pm

The duration for a motion menu is the Properties window, when you have the menu selected (not one of it's elements; click on the menu in the project).

How was the thumbnail created? Was it created by linking a video button to a timeline? If so, the duration of the thumbnail is going to be the same as the whole menu. If your menu is animated (or has audio), the duration of the whole menu will determine how long the thumbnail will last, too.

If you created the thumbnail manually, say with a video background element, you just need to set the duration of the menu. It should automatically be the same length as your video file, but it sounds like you may still need to tweak that setting.

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: Video thumbnail duration
on Mar 24, 2006 at 3:02:04 am

I wonder if this would help http://doogs.sitesled.com/downloads.htm. Try the intermediate tutorial by Doogs # 12.

He implies that if the audio is added separately, then the background will run as long as the audio.
John Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]