FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unknown Error, I've tried everything...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Outdoorsie1
Unknown Error, I've tried everything...
on Mar 23, 2006 at 10:03:35 am

Ok, this is kind of a lengthy explanation but basically I'm really desperate for some help because this project needed to be finished a while ago. I'm currently using Encore 1.0, this is the only version I have available at the moment, I'd upgrade if I could. The first menu is a motion menu with 3 buttons, 2 lead to chapters and a play all menu for 2 separate video clips, the other leads to a menu with 4 buttons and 3 video clips. None of the other menus are motion. Now that I've totally confused you I have 3 questions pertaining to this project:

1. I keep getting an 'unknown error' whenever I try to build the DVD, the error occurs when its 'ordering files' (don't know if that might help with an explination). I've tried reconstructing it, taking things out that might be the problem, not deleting anything. Nothing works! I'm totally confused as to what in the world is keeping it from burning correctly.

2. I got one copy to burn w/o the motion menu however, none of the buttons work when I burn it to my hard drive or burn it to disk. The buttons don't even highlight! This one has me baffled.

3. When I check my project there are some 'links not set', however most of these links are menus and I'm not sure how to set them...or if I need to.

Can anyone help?? I really need some assistance and some suggestions other than upgrading. Thanks!

~Sounds like a moose screaming at a monkey!~

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Unknown Error, I've tried everything...
on Mar 23, 2006 at 6:36:11 pm

Try updating to Encore 1.0.1 first (free update that fixed several bugs).

Return to posts index

theholmboy
Re: Unknown Error, I've tried everything...
on Mar 25, 2006 at 5:17:51 pm

The only time I ever got that error in v1.0 was when something was weird with the GOP files in the video I was using. Womble (http://www.womble.com) has two programs that have a GOP fixer feature that fixed my problem. Their MPEG-VCR app is my preferred choice, since in the Tools menu the option 'MPEG GOP Fixer' is right there for quick access. Sometimes it can fix the errors without having to save a new file and sometimes it requires you to name a new file for creation. Either way, that was the only way I could avoid that error.

RHH

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]