FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flickering in final DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
davidnagel
Flickering in final DVD
on Mar 20, 2006 at 10:02:40 pm

Hiya,

My last two dvd projects seem to be producing a flickering on the main video, namely around movement of the character/characters.

I have the master dvd I am copying from (perfectly legal, don't worry) and opening the ripped VOB files in Virtualdub-MPEG2 and then encoding them with the Panasonic DV Codec. The video is also been resized to 720x576 since the codec doesn't support 704x576 (can the codec be edited so it does support that resolution?).

No flickering once imported into Encore DVD.

I had selected PAL High Quality 7MB VBR 2-Pass.

And the final DVD project produces this moving flicker on the video... any ideas?

Thanks,
David.

http://www.damproductions.org

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Flickering in final DVD
on Mar 21, 2006 at 6:02:05 am

I think that this has to do with the CoDecs you are using. It seems to me that upon ripping and scaling up, frames/ fields are not reconstructed properly when transcoding them to DV. You usually don't see this when working on a computer because the drawing speeds are faster than on standalone players, obscuring such problems. I would try to rip the clips again with another CoDec.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

digicamvideo
Re: Flickering in final DVD
on Mar 21, 2006 at 1:33:45 pm

I have had a similar problem.
I am working on a DVD for a local holiday complex and am using a video clip for a motion menu.
When playing the video clip in Premiere Elements, it is fine. When playing the clip and previewing the DVD in Encore 1.5, it is fine. But when the DVD is burned, it still plays fine on the PC but when playing back on a standalone DVD Player (I have tried 3 different ones), the Motion Menu flickers/Strobes. No other video clips throughout the DVD have a problem, just the Motion Menu?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]