FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error: "end of file"

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JolleJ
Error: "end of file"
on Mar 19, 2006 at 1:28:08 pm

Hi all!

I need help big time, my problem is that when I try to create the DVD, I get the error: "end of file".
The size of the DVD is near 4 GB, but at around 2,37 GB of writing to the file (DVD-IMAGE) it stops and gives me that error.

My DVD consists of:
-Main Menu (with video background and music)
- Submenu
- Movie with chapters
- Submenu
- Movie with chapters

Someone who knows about this problem?
Please help.
Thanks in advance.

By the way: I am using Adobe Encore DVD 2.0.

Return to posts index

JolleJ
Re: Error: "end of file"
on Mar 19, 2006 at 4:04:44 pm

Oh yeah, if you need to know what my source of video is, then:

One kind for the motion menus background; this has been made and rendered in Adobe After Effects to a Windows AVI uncompressed movie file.

The second kind is the video itself, it has been made in Pinnalce Studio 9 Plus and rendered to a MPEG2-Format, DVD-Compatible.

Return to posts index

joefeng
on Mar 20, 2006 at 9:22:17 pm

Is this the first time you've tried to build a disc from this project, or have you burned a disc before and then made changes to the project?

Return to posts index

Kent Smith
on Mar 22, 2006 at 5:44:01 pm

I'm getting the same error, and even when I downsize files, I still get it. So I hope you figure it out soon becasuse it's driving me nuts. It says I have plenty of room. I was just wondering if you figured out what's going on yet?

Return to posts index

JolleJ
on Mar 22, 2006 at 9:33:11 pm

No, I didn't. And I have no clue what's causing it.

Return to posts index

Kent Smith
on Mar 22, 2006 at 9:50:16 pm

I haven't upgraded to 2.0, but I'm thinking of trying that. But you're using 2.0 now,right?

Return to posts index

JolleJ
on Mar 23, 2006 at 3:56:09 pm

Yes, demoversion though. But I think I'll buy it, also considering this :) :D

Return to posts index

Kent Smith
on Mar 23, 2006 at 6:59:09 pm

I finally called tech support, and was on for a while. They said a few things can cause the problem. Audio in a menu, something in a menu. I tested both those, but that wasn't causing the problem. So he said he thought that the Mpeg files themselves were triggering the editing message, and stopping the burning. So he suggested re-exporting the source from P.Pro. Problem is, these files are from another editing software, so I think the mpeg codex is not compatible, although it plays fine until the burn process. So I'm re-exporting everything to another format (most likely DVCAM TAPE), and moving over to P.Pro. But I'll let you know if that helped this situation.
I'd suggest doing a test burn to an Image file on a hard drive. Save project under another name, as a test. Eliminate one item at a time, such as audio in a menu, then one menu at a time until you have nothing left. Then just burn (skip warning messages)the video files by themselves. If you keep getting the end of file error, then it's the video. If at any point, the project burns, then the last item elimated is the source of the error message, and needs something fixed in it.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Kent Smith
Re: Error: "end of file" --figured it out....
on Mar 24, 2006 at 5:36:18 pm

It took a while, but I finally figured it out. The mpeg files turned out to be fine. But for some reason, every so often, one of the wav files was funny. So what I did was re build the DVD adding one item at a time, and burning to an image. When I'd add a video and/or audio clip, and get the end of file error, it always turned out to be a wav file. The workaround was simple. I imported the audio into Prem. Pro., and then exported it back out, and re-imported the new file back into encore. And so far, three wav files, which caused the end of file error (no matter what size the DVD was) ended up working fine.

Return to posts index

JolleJ
Re: Error: "end of file" --figured it out....
on Mar 24, 2006 at 8:04:51 pm

Thanks for the answer man, and great that you figured yours out.

I guess I was kind of lucky, the first thing I changed worked, in my case it was the motion background.

Thanks again, to all of you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]